- 4 pounds yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Cook squash in boiling water to cover 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain squash, and press between paper towels.
Melt butter in a large skillet; add chopped onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
Combine onion mixture, squash, soup, and remaining ingredients; spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.