Moms often serve this dish to picky eaters who don’t want to eat their vegetables. It works every time, thanks to the crumbled crackers and creamy cheese traditionally found in this dish. This version is lighter—but your kids will never know the difference.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 6 cups sliced yellow squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup), softened
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 27 reduced-fat round buttery crackers, crushed
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add squash and pepper; sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is golden brown. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine cream cheese and milk in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add eggs, stirring with a whisk. Stir in squash mixture, cheese, and half the crushed crackers. Spoon squash mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Top with remaining crushed crackers. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note