John and Ginny's rehearsal dinner was so much fun. They asked for a traditional Southern dinner filled with family favorites. The menu consisted of fried catfish, cheesy squash casserole, and fresh fruit and vegetable salads. We had fudge pie for dessert, covered in vanilla ice cream! This is the recipe for squash casserole that Ginny requested to be served at the dinner. It was delicious.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 12 medium-size yellow squash
- 6 slice(s) bacon
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese (about 1/3 pound), shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Worchestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook squash in a small amount of boiling salted water until tender; drain well, and mash. Cook bacon until crisp; drain well, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon. Saute onion in drippings.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well. Spoon in a lightly greased 1 1/2- quart casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Martha Stamps
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cwarren51 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Squash Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes