- 3 pound(s) yellow squash
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 10 ounce(s) cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Combine squash, green onions, and salt in saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for five minutes, then drain.
- 3. Beat the 2 eggs in a small bowl then slowly add pieces of the cooked squash until the temperature of the eggs is such that hot pieces of squash has not cooked the eggs.
- 4. Combine the eggs with the sour cream then fold in the rest of the drained squash and onions. Pour into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil. Dot the casserole with butter.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gigimuirheid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Squash Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables