Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Yellow Squash sliced
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1/2 stick(s) Butter
- 3 cup(s) Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) Evaporated Milk
- 16 Saltine Crackers
- S/P to taste
- Cook squash and onion in water until tender. Drain and mash (do this in a collander- keep pressing down with big spoon to get ALL liquid out. This takes a little while.) Add butter and 2 cups of cheese, reserving 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top. Add eggs, milk and crackers. Mix well. Season to taste ( may not need to add salt due to salt on the crackers.) Place in shallow 2 quart greased casserole.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- This is almost like a souffle - don't overcook or it won't be as good. It says that it serves 8-10- I would say more like 6-8.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clayton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes