More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 pounds yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cans sliced or chopped water chestnuts, drained
- Swiss Cheese Cream Sauce
- 2 (2-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained (optional)
- Buttery Parmesan Topping
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add squash and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in water chestnuts, Swiss Cheese Cream Sauce, and, if desired, diced pimientos. Spoon squash mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350º for 15 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with Buttery Parmesan Topping; bake 30 to 35 more minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note