Looking for a family-favorite squash casserole recipe? Perfect for weeknight dinners or holiday gatherings, this squash side dish packs in a little kick with green chilies and Monterrey Jack cheese. For an even spicier dish, use hot sausage.
- 8 ounces ground pork sausage
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- (8 3/4-oz.) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup cornbread stuffing
- 4 1/2-oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
- Brown sausage in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain well and set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté zucchini and onion in butter until tender. Combine zucchini mixture, sausage, corn, cheese, stuffing and chiles; stir well. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note