Spumoni Ice Cream Terrine
This pretty spumoni recipe is easy to make. Just soften each kind of ice cream in the microwave on high power (100%) in 5-second intervals until soft enough to spread, but not melting, 5 to 20 seconds.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 280
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) strawberry ice cream, softened (see notes)
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) pistachio or toasted almond ice cream, softened (see notes)
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) chocolate ice cream, softened (see notes)
- 1. Line a 7- by 9-inch loaf pan (9-cup capacity) completely with two or three pieces of plastic wrap, leaving several inches of plastic overhanging on all sides.
- 2. Spread strawberry ice cream in an even layer in the bottom of lined pan; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread pistachio ice cream in an even layer over strawberry; freeze for 30 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream in an even layer over pistachio; cover with overhanging plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 8 hours, or up to 1 week.
- 3. Unwrap terrine and invert pan over a serving plate. Hold on to plastic wrap and lift off pan. Remove plastic wrap. Return to freezer for up to 2 hours, or serve at once. To serve, cut terrine into 1-inch-thick slices (dip knife in hot water and wipe dry between each slice).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note