A very good spritz cookie dough recipe. I've tried lots and the trick is really to find the best temperature for your press. This recipe has almond extract in it which I find essential to a spritz cookie. Will be marking this one down for next Christmas too!
No holiday dessert table is complete without Spritz Cookies. For truly authentic Spritz Cookies, be sure to invest in a cookie press to get that oh-so-perfect shape.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Bake: 7 Minutes
- 2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: sanding sugar, decorative sprinkles, nonpariels
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; add to butter mixture gradually, beating at low speed until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Press dough into desired shapes on ungreased baking sheets using a cookie press according to manufacturer's directions. Garnish, if desired.
- 4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until set but not browned; let cool 3 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note