Spring's Little Cakes
- 1 (16-ounce) package pound cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- 2 (2-ounce) squares vanilla candy coating
- Decorations: red string licorice, jelly beans, candy cake decorations, assorted sugar crystals, chewy spearmint leaves, chewy fruit snack rolls, candy sprinkles, candy-coated chewy tarts, miniature chewy tarts
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in extract; pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
- Microwave frosting in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Microwave candy coating in a glass bowl at HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir into frosting until blended. Reheat frosting as needed.
- Cut cake into desired shapes using 3- to 4-inch cutters. Dip into warm frosting; place on rack. Smooth sides with spatula, if needed. Let stand 5 minutes. Decorate as desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Pound Cake Mix, Betty Crocker Candy Cake Decorations, Betty Crocker Decor Selects Sugar Crystals, Nestle Chewy Sprees, and Nestle Chewy Sweet Tart Minis. Decorate with candy sprinkles and sugar crystals while frosting is wet.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note