I used frozen carrots and frozen snap peas, and dried tarragon-- but I still liked the whole meal. The lemon juice and the tarragon and very good on the vegetables== very light and refreshing.
Spring Vegetable Skillet
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 69
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 221mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 16 baby carrots with tops (about 10 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Peel carrots, and cut off tops to within 1 inch of carrot; cut in half lengthwise.
- 2. Place 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan of water; bring to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, tarragon, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in rind and juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables