- 16 baby carrots with tops (about 10 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- calories 69
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- monofat 0.7 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 8.8 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 221 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Peel carrots, and cut off tops to within 1 inch of carrot; cut in half lengthwise.
Place 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan of water; bring to a boil. Add carrots and peas; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, tarragon, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in rind and juice.