My husband and I actually liked this pizza a lot! I would cut the asparagus into 1" pieces. They were too large and difficult to eat. But I think overall this pizza had a great spring veggie taste.
Spring Vegetable Pizza with Gremolata
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Tiziana Agnello
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Carbohydrate: 52.8g
- Fiber: 10.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 658mg
- Calcium: 221mg
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 large fennel bulb with stalks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups (3-inch) pieces asparagus, cut in half lengthwise
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Place dough in a microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove stalks from fennel bulb; reserve 1 tablespoon fronds. Cut bulb into thin slices. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Rinse peas in cold water to thaw; drain. Add peas, fennel bulb, asparagus, and sliced garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
- 4. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Combine ricotta, milk, pepper, and pecorino Romano cheese; spread evenly over pizza, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Top pizza with pea mixture. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with salt. Combine reserved fennel fronds, parsley, rind, and minced garlic; sprinkle over pizza. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes