- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 large fennel bulb with stalks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups (3-inch) pieces asparagus, cut in half lengthwise
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Creamy Tomato Soup
- calories 372
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 3.4 g
- monofat 4.4 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 16.6 g
- carbohydrate 52.8 g
- fiber 10.1 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 658 mg
- calcium 221 mg
How to Make It
Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
Place dough in a microwave-safe bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 45 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
Remove stalks from fennel bulb; reserve 1 tablespoon fronds. Cut bulb into thin slices. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Rinse peas in cold water to thaw; drain. Add peas, fennel bulb, asparagus, and sliced garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes.
Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface; pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Arrange dough on pizza stone. Combine ricotta, milk, pepper, and pecorino Romano cheese; spread evenly over pizza, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Top pizza with pea mixture. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with salt. Combine reserved fennel fronds, parsley, rind, and minced garlic; sprinkle over pizza. Cut into 8 wedges.