Spring vegetable penne
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Extra virgen olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) Chopped vidalia onion/sweet
- 1x 4 ounce(s) Package of presliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove(s) Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) Half n half
- 3/4 cup(s) Frozen green peas
- 3 tablespoon(s) Shaved Parmesan cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Grated lemon grind
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounce(s) Whole wheat penne
- 1 pound(s) Cut asparagus diagonally
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add oil swirl to coat. Add onion & mushrooms, sauté 5 mins. Or until tender. Add thyme and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle mushroom mixture evenly w flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and half n half; cook 2 mins or until slightly thickened. Add peas 2 tablespoons cheese,rind, and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); cook 1 minute or until peas are thoroughly heated.
- Cook pasta omitted salt and fat. During the last 3 mins. Of cooking, add asparagus to pan; drain. Add pasta mixture; toss gently to coat.sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Daisy62 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spring vegetable penne Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes