Spring Vegetable Frittata
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, discarding tough ends.
- 2. Sauté mushrooms and onion in 2 tsp. hot oil in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender; remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to skillet, and sauté asparagus 2 to 3 minutes or until tender; stir in 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Remove from skillet. Wipe skillet clean.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Whisk together eggs and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet. As eggs start to cook, gently lift edges of egg with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until almost set. Top with vegetables and feta cheese.
- 4. Bake frittata at 400° for 16 to 18 minutes or until slightly browned and puffy. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note