Outstandingly simple. I have served this to guests and I never have leftovers. It is a standby for quick summer, too hot to cook meals. I do not pour off the oil, I just stir it in. I have served it as the main course or a side with grilled shrimp or chicken. Simply delicious.
Spring Tortellini With Pesto
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (7-ounce) container basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
- Prepare cheese-filled tortellini according to package directions. Add asparagus pieces to pasta water during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Pour off any excess oil from top of pesto container. Toss together tortellini mixture, pesto, lemon rind, and salt. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Pesto with Basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes