excellent and easy! I did some substituting (no leeks - too expensive, no tomatoes - husband dislikes, added chopped potato and mushrooms) and it was delicious! I think you can pretty much substitute anything and it will be great! Loved that there was only one pot to clean!
Spring Seafood Stew
Poaching is an excellent way to cook seafood, since the cooking liquid makes a flavorful base for sauce. This recipe features a French technique called monter au beurre (to mount with butter), whereby chilled butter is whisked into the cooking liquid at the last minute to ensure a satiny sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 10.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 817mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 pound large sea scallops, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add wine and broth; bring to a simmer. Stir in shrimp and scallops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until shrimp and scallops are done.
- Remove shrimp and scallops from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add butter, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in chopped tomato and remaining ingredients.
- Divide shrimp and scallops evenly among 4 soup bowls; spoon 3/4 cup broth mixture into each bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note