Yield: 18 appetizer egg rolls.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 197mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 6 ounces unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/4 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 8 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, low-sodium ham, chopped
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- Peel and devein shrimp; chop shrimp.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain well. Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients, stirring well.
- Coat a wok or a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; drizzle oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add celery; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add spinach, bean sprouts, and next 4 ingredients; stir-fry 1 minute. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Add soy sauce mixture and ham; stir-fry 1 minute. Remove vegetable mixture from wok; let cool 10 minutes.
- Mound 1/4 cup vegetable mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold one corner of wrapper over filling. Lightly brush exposed sides and corners of wrapper with egg substitute. Fold left and right corners over filling. Push filling toward center of wrapper. Tightly roll filled end of wrapper toward exposed corner; gently press corner to seal securely. Brush egg rolls with egg substitute. Place egg rolls on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes; turn rolls, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Note: To Freeze: Place unbaked egg rolls in labeled heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bags. Freeze up to 1 month.
To Serve Two: Place 6 frozen egg rolls on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes; turn rolls, and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note