Prep: 40 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes.
Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 2 rolls and 2 tablespoons dipping sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package dry rice vermicelli
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cooked
- 16 (8-inch) round sheets rice paper
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- Dipping Sauce
- Step 1. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the vermicelli; cook for 3–4 minutes. Drain and rinse noodles under cold water; set aside. Halve shrimp lengthwise, and chill until ready to use. Working with 1 sheet of rice paper at a time, dip in a shallow dish of warm water until pliable. Lay rice paper on a dry surface, and blot away excess water.
- Step 2. Place 4 shrimp halves on the lower center of rice paper. Top with 1/4 cup cooked noodles, some lettuce, 3–4 mint leaves, and 2 tablespoons bean sprouts.
- Step 3. Fold in sides of rice paper toward center, and roll up wrapper away from you into a tight log. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve. Slice rolls in half, using a slightly wet knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers