This is delicious, but I will admit to making a couple of adjustments: I added some white wine along with the chicken stock when I was stirring the risotto; and, instead of adding the low-fat cream cheese at the end, I stirred in a tablespoon of butter. The fresh thyme at the end is just right. Will definitely make again.
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 53.2g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 748mg
- Calcium: 169mg
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add asparagus, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Bring 2 cups water and chicken broth to a simmer in a saucepan.
- 2. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes. Add garlic, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in rice, edamame, and salt; cook for 1 minute. Stir in 1 cup broth mixture; cook for 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed before adding more (about 20 minutes total).
- 3. Stir in asparagus, cream cheese, and pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon 1 cup risotto into each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese; sprinkle evenly with thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This