Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice (optional: parmesan flavored)
- 3 cup(s) vegetable broth heated
- 3/4 pound(s) fresh in the pod peas (or 1 cup frozen peas)
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) grated parmesan
- 1. Melt butter with oil in medium saucepan over medium low heat
- 2. Add onion and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes
- 3. Stir in rice. Add about 1 1/2 cups of the broth and adjust heat to maintain a good simmer uncovered. Stir mixture occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed
- 4. Add 1 cup of the remaining broth and continue simmering, uncovered, and stirring until absorbed. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and peas and continue to simmer and stir until rice is just done, about 4 minutes. If you run out of broth before the rice is cooked through, add water.
- 5. Stir in lemon juice and cheese to taste. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition: 417 calories; 12 g protein, 74 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 9 g fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margow2108 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spring Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes