This was sooo good! Easy peasy ;) and fairly quick too. I added mushrooms along with the onions. Will certainly make again!
Spring Peas with Pancetta
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 3 slices pancetta, chopped (about 1 ounce)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups shelled green peas or frozen petite green peas
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, and sauté 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove pancetta from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until tender. Add peas, broth, sugar, and salt to pan. Simmer 5 minutes or until the peas are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pancetta and chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note