Tasty, easy side dish. Nice for a holiday meal.
Spring Peas with Pancetta
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 3 slices pancetta, chopped (about 1 ounce)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups shelled green peas or frozen petite green peas
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta, and sauté 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove pancetta from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until tender. Add peas, broth, sugar, and salt to pan. Simmer 5 minutes or until the peas are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in pancetta and chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This