just tastes like pureed peas...
Spring Pea Soup with Frizzled Ham
Spring Pea Soup with Frizzled Ham is an easy but impressive meal to serve to guests. Sauted ham slices that are browned and curled compose the "frizzled" part of this soup recipe. Round out Spring Pea Soup by adding a side salad or tomato-basil bruschetta appetizer.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Sodium: 834mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas (from 2 10-oz. packages)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thin slices Black Forest ham
- 1 cup croutons
- 1. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add peas, broth and 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until peas are very soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Working in batches if necessary, puree soup in a blender and return to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half and season generously with salt and pepper. Keep warm over medium-low heat.
- 2. Warm remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot. Sauté ham in batches until browned and curled around the edges, turning once, about 1 minute total. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 3. Ladle soup into bowls. Tear ham into bite-size pieces and add some to each bowl. Scatter croutons over soup and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note