- 4 qt. water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 8 ounces gemelli, penne, or other short pasta
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1 (13-oz.) pkg. frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz.) salted butter
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
How to Make It
Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a stockpot over high. Add 1/4 cup salt; return to a boil. Add pasta; boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in sugar snap peas, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in sweet peas, and cook 1 minute. Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
Return pasta mixture to pot. Add ricotta, parsley, butter, chives, tarragon, and reserved cooking water; stir to coat. Serve immediately.