It's quite good. The cheese is a must, I think. I used frozen veggies. It's a nice little fancy side salad dish you'd maybe get in a good deli. I'll probably make again.
Spring Pea and Bean Salad with Shaved Pecorino Cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon (about 1 teaspoon zest and 2 1/2 tablespoons juice)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce pecorino cheese, shaved
- 1. Cook edamame in boiling salted water about 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove with a wire-mesh strainer, and plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside. Return water to a boil; add peas, and cook about 4 minutes, repeating draining process. Repeat with lima beans, cooking about 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine lemon zest and juice and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place peas and beans in a medium bowl, and toss with vinaigrette. Top with pecorino, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This