- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces fresh morel mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 12 cups water
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- calories 359
- fat 8.1 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 64 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 313 mg
- calcium 72 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, thyme, salt, and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Add stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Shave asparagus into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Add pasta to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cook 2 minutes. Drain.
Return mushroom mixture to medium-high heat; add half-and-half and lemon rind. Add cream cheese and pepper, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add mushroom mixture to pasta mixture in Dutch oven; toss to combine. Top with tarragon.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.