- 4 large eggs
- 4 peasant bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 pounds fat asparagus, peeled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups packed young mustard greens or chicory
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata, thinly sliced and crumbled
- 1 watermelon radish or 2 large red radishes, very thinly sliced
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 350°. Put the eggs in a saucepan of water and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Simmer for 6 minutes. Drain the saucepan and fill it with cold water. Crack the eggs all over and let stand in the water for 1 minute. Peel and thickly slice the eggs; the yolks will be barely cooked but not runny.
Spread the bread pieces on a baking sheet and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for about 12 minutes, until crisp.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, cool and cut the asparagus in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus, toasted bread, greens, onion and cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and toss. Garnish with the eggs and radish and serve.