So good -- a springtime summer staple in our house!
This light soup is full of tender green vegetables, including delicious fresh fava beans if you can find them or frozen edamame.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sodium: 1536mg
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen edamame or double-shelled fava beans*
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup purchased or homemade pesto
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook leeks, carrots, and celery until softened slightly, stirring as needed, about 5 minutes. Add peas, edamame, beans, broth, and salt; simmer 10 minutes, then add macaroni. Serve individual bowls topped with 1 tbsp. pesto, plus parmesan on the side.
- *Available at some farmers' markets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This