- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen edamame or double-shelled fava beans*
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup purchased or homemade pesto
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- calories 429
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- carbohydrate 58 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 1536 mg
- cholesterol 5 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook leeks, carrots, and celery until softened slightly, stirring as needed, about 5 minutes. Add peas, edamame, beans, broth, and salt; simmer 10 minutes, then add macaroni. Serve individual bowls topped with 1 tbsp. pesto, plus parmesan on the side.
*Available at some farmers' markets.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-cup serving.