I really enjoyed this recipe, but I did make some changes to it, so I couldn't give it 5 stars. I used whole wheat pasta, I added garlic to the butter/oil mixture to give it more flavor, and I added some crushed red pepper at the end to add flavor as well. Other than that, I made as written. This is a simple dish, but it was very tasty. I would definitely make it again.
Spring Linguine with Basil
Pasta should be easy and delicious, like this entrée. Prep the peas, cheese, and basil while the pasta water heats. Serve with a green salad to round out the meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 9 ounces uncooked fresh linguine
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 ounces shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta liquid.
- 2. Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat 1 minute or until butter melts. Remove from heat; stir in pasta mixture, reserved pasta water, juice, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- 3. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes