Fresh, clean, light recipe.
Spring Linguine with Basil
Ring in the spring season with this easy and delicious pasta entrée. Fresh green peas and basil add fantastic flavor to fresh linguine.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 13.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 9 ounces uncooked fresh linguine
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 ounces shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta liquid.
- 2. Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat 1 minute or until butter melts. Remove from heat; stir in pasta mixture, reserved pasta water, juice, salt, and pepper; toss well.
- 3. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note