- 9 ounces uncooked fresh linguine
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 ounces shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- calories 324
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 5.1 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 13.2 g
- carbohydrate 41.4 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 467 mg
- calcium 135 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas to pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta mixture in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta liquid.
Heat oil and butter in pan over medium heat 1 minute or until butter melts. Remove from heat; stir in pasta mixture, reserved pasta water, juice, salt, and pepper; toss well.
Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon basil and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.