- 12 baguette slices (each about 1/4 in. thick), cut diagonally
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 5 oz. tender lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry between two dish towels
- 1 cup edible flower petals such as rose or calendula, or pansy blossoms (optional), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- calories 271
- caloriesfromfat 60 %
- protein 6.2 g
- fat 18 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 233 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Brush on both sides with 1 tablespoon oil. Place almonds in a shallow baking pan.
Bake almonds and baguette until golden, 10 to 12 minutes for nuts and 12 to 15 minutes for toasts. Let cool.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce leaves, flowers, and tarragon.
In a small container with a lid, shake remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper, testing with a lettuce leaf.
Pour dressing over salad, add almonds, and mix gently. Transfer salad to plates. Tuck toasts next to salads.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.