Amazing!! Great flavor, easy to make, and very filling! I would make this again in an instant!
Spring Lamb Chops on Oyster Mushrooms
This impressive entrée hits aromatic, piquant, and creamy notes all at once. It's so easy that you might want to serve it for company - just double or triple the recipe as needed. Oyster mushrooms, with their faint taste of oysters, complement the bold flavor of mustard-coated lamb. Roasting the lamb over the mushrooms allows them to soak up the flavorful drippings. Serve with couscous to ensure that none of the sauce goes to waste.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 494
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 41.9g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 7.2mg
- Sodium: 987mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 2 (8-ounce) lamb rib chops, trimmed (about 2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle lamb with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Combine mustard, rosemary, and thyme. Rub lamb with half of mustard mixture. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining mustard mixture, wine, and oil in a large bowl. Add mushrooms; toss well.
- Place lamb on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon mushroom mixture into bottom of pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan over mushrooms. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of 1 chop.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes or until thermometer registers 140°, stirring mushroom mixture after 12 minutes. Place 1 lamb chop on each of 2 plates; keep warm. Remove rack from pan; add broth to mushroom mixture in pan. Place pan over medium-high heat; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Serve lamb with mushroom mixture and couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note