Spring Chicken Cobb Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5-oz.) package arugula, thoroughly washed
- 2 cups chopped or shredded roasted chicken
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup drained and chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 4 fully cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Yogurt-Basil Vinaigrette
- 1. Cut onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook onion slices 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and tender.
- 2. Arrange arugula on a serving platter; top with onions, chicken, and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle with Yogurt-Basil Vinaigrette.
- Try This Twist!
- Salmon Cobb Salad: Omit chicken. Season 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Cook salmon, covered, in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads