This was a perfect spring side dish. It prepped easily. Since my kids aren't fond of asparagus, I just doubled the peas. Excellent recipe!
Spring Celebration Orzo
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 457mg
- Calcium: 191mg
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo
- 1 pound asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch-long slices (snap off rough ends before slicing)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (about 10)
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. When 3 minutes of cooking time remain, add asparagus. Cook for 1 minute, then add peas and cook for the final 2 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to make 12 curls of Parmesan. Grate remaining cheese and set aside.
- 3. Combine salt, lemon juice, and olive oil; whisk together. Toss orzo in lemon-juice mixture; stir in grated cheese and basil. Serve warm or at room temperature with Parmesan curls. Garnish with additional basil leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note