- 1" flower-shaped cookie cutter
- Small scissors
- 5 green sour belt candies
- 1 16-oz. can vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 small ziplock bags
- Red food coloring
- 12 cupcakes in liners, such as Golden Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup each small pink, orange and yellow jelly beans
- 4 each small pink, orange and yellow candy-coated chocolates
- 4 red heart-shaped candies
- 1 4.25-oz. tube chocolate decorating icing
- 12 decorative cupcake liners
- 12 green sour straws
How to Make It
Using a flower-shaped cookie cutter or small scissors, cut 12 flowers from 2 sour belts. Cut as many 1" leaves as possible from the remaining sour belts with scissors. Pinch the end of each leaf to create a stem; set aside.
Blend frosting and lemon zest in a bowl; spoon 2 Tbsp. into a ziplock bag. Divide remaining frosting mixture among 2 bowls; tint 1 frosting pink with red food coloring. Spread a cupcake with pink frosting mixture. On top, form a ring of pink jelly beans, side by side, following outer edge of cupcake; add another ring just inside the first. Place a green flower in the center. Repeat with other cupcakes, alternating frosting and jelly bean colors.
Snip a small corner from ziplock bag filled with frosting mixture; pipe a dot in the center of green flowers and top with a candy-coated chocolate.
To make ladybug: Pipe a dot of frosting mixture on top of a cupcake and attach a heart-shaped candy. Squeeze chocolate frosting into a ziplock bag, snip off a tiny corner, then pipe on a head, a line and dots onto heart. Repeat with remaining heart candies.
Place each finished cupcake in a decorative paper liner and arrange on a serving platter. Use sour straws as flower stems and place reserved leaves along stems.