Split Grilled Lobsters with Herb Butter
More From Coastal Living
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 (1 1/2-pound) live lobsters
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons, cut into wedges
- 1. Melt butter over medium-low heat; skim solids off top, and discard. Pour remaining butter into a bowl, leaving any solids in pan; discard solids. Stir in tarragon, parsley, and chives; season with kosher salt. Set aside.
- 2. Carefully position a knife on top of each lobster's head between the eyes, and draw it sharply through the head to kill it instantly. Place lobsters, belly up, on a cutting board, and cut each lobster in half. (Lobsters may also be parboiled and then split before grilling.)
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Drizzle lobster halves with olive oil, and season with kosher salt and pepper. Grill lobster halves, shell sides down, basting with 1/4 cup herb butter several times, 7 minutes or until meat is opaque. Serve lobsters with lemon wedges and remaining herb butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This