- 1 teaspoon loose-leaf oolong tea
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 10 to 12 fresh mint leaves
- 4 to 5 fresh red shiso leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons litchi purée such as Funkin, or 4 canned litchis, whirled well in a blender to yield 2 tbsp.
- 2 to 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup aged rum
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (preferably fresh)
- calories 201
- caloriesfromfat 0.3 %
- protein 0.2 g
- fat 0.1 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- sodium 2.2 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Make the oolong tea syrup: Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan and add tea. Cover and steep 5 minutes. Strain into a cup and then pour in sugar. Stir until it dissolves. Let cool.
Fill two cocktail glasses with ice. Fill a cocktail shaker one-third full of ice, then add 6 to 8 leaves mint and, if available, 3 to 4 shiso leaves. Pour in 2 tbsp. cooled oolong syrup, litchi purée, lime juice, rum, and pineapple juice. Shake vigorously.
Strain into the glasses, tuck a few herb leaves into ice, and serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per cocktail.