I have only made the Wilted Spinach variation. Go to the bottom of the recipe for this variation. I typically use a pinot grigio vinegar (and probably use more garlic.). One of the few Cooking Light recipes that I have made repeatedly because usually I find them to be under spiced.
Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette
Look no further - this Spinach with Garlic Vinaigrette salad recipe is the perfect, simple summer side dish. One online reviewer says, "LOVE this salad! Incredibly simple to prepare, intensely flavorful, and the entire family loved it. This will surely become a go-to side on busy weeknights."
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 66
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves (about 6 ounces)
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add 6 cups spinach and red onion; toss to coat.
- Spinach-Pasta Salad Variation: Cook 1/2 cup mini farfalle according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Add garlic vinaigrette, 3 cups baby spinach, and 1/4 cup chopped red onion. Yield: 4 servings. CALORIES 106; FAT 5.4g (sat 0.8g); SODIUM 108mg
- Wilted Spinach Variation: Increase garlic to 3 thinly sliced cloves. Heat vinaigrette in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Gradually add 1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach; toss until wilted. Yield: 4 servings. CALORIES 78; FAT 5.1g (sat 0.7g); SODIUM 191mg
- Spinach Baked Potato Variation: Microwave 4 (6-ounce) Yukon gold potatoes 13 minutes or until tender. Prepare wilted spinach; divide spinach among potatoes. Top each with 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings. CALORIES 255; FAT 8.1g (sat 2.8g); SODIUM 358mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note