Outstanding dish. We made it for Thanksgiving and several people asked for the recipe. We will make this again.
Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts
A classic Catalonian preparation, this dish would round out a dinner of roast beef and potatoes.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 68
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 pounds bagged prewashed spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place raisins in a small bowl; cover with hot water. Let stand 5 minutes or until plump; drain.
- 2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add about one-fourth of spinach to pan; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Repeat procedure 3 times with remaining spinach. Stir in raisins, nuts, salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables