What a wonderful change from any other kind of green!!! We loved it! However, for us, it served only three and we probably could have eaten more. Divided in 4ths makes really skimpy servings. Really fabulous though. Great job!
Spinach with Pine Nuts and Golden Raisins
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 (9-ounce) bags baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- Combine 1/2 cup boiling water and raisins; let stand 15 minutes or until raisins are plump. Drain.
- Combine spinach and 2 tablespoons water in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring frequently. Remove from pan. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add spinach, raisins, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spinach with Pine Nuts and Golden Raisins Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables