Spinach Tortellini with Buttermilk Dressing, Shiitake mushrooms and Shrimp
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup(s) light cream cheese
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 1/2 pound(s) shiitake mushrooms stemmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon(s) flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 pound(s) spinach tortellini
- 1 pound(s) shrimp cooked
- Put buttermilk, cream cheese, 1 of the garlic cloves, tabasco, and pepper in the blender. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and the remaining 2 garlic cloves. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent and soft, but not brown. Add the mushrooms and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, until tender. Add the wine, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare the tortellini according to package directions. Transfer to a colander to drain. Put in a serving bowl and immediately add one quarter of buttermilk mixture. Stir to coat evenly and allow to cool until the sauce begins to thicken. Arrange in pasta bowls and top with equal amounts of mushroom mixture, 3 cooked shrimp per bowl, and remaining buttermilk mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Cool to room temperature and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes