Spinach & Tomato Penne
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlc, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pinch(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pound(s) penne pasta, cooked
- 4 cup(s) baby spinach
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- pinch(s) salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Once the butter starts bubbling, add the onions. Saute until they start to soften, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper and paprika. Saute another minute. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and spinach. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If the cheese isn’t melted and started to bubble and brown, flip it to the broiler for maybe a minute.
- Go ahead and serve yourself two helpings. I mean, why not?
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note