Spinach & Tomato Penne
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 clove(s) garlc, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 pinch(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 pound(s) penne pasta, cooked
- 4 cup(s) baby spinach
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup(s) breadcrumbs
- pinch(s) salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high. Once the butter starts bubbling, add the onions. Saute until they start to soften, 5 minutes. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper and paprika. Saute another minute. Stir in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the cooked pasta and spinach. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If the cheese isn’t melted and started to bubble and brown, flip it to the broiler for maybe a minute.
- Go ahead and serve yourself two helpings. I mean, why not?
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes