Fresh garlic slices are baked atop this creamy Three-Cheese White Pizza with Spinach. The spinach is kept fresh by adding it to the pizza toward the end of cooking. The higher quality the ricotta cheese, the creamier and more delicious the pizza; we prefer Calabro brand.
Cooking Light JUNE 2012
1. Remove the dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
2. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
3. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced garlic in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat 1 1/2 minutes or until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add 6 cups spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside.
4. Combine cheeses, milk, and minced garlic in a bowl.
5. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Top with spinach; bake an additional 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven; brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut into 6 large slices.
Go to Full Version of