Excellent! I used the cookinglight homemade pizza dough recipe instead of store bought. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-pizza-dough-10000001906369/ The only other change I made was adding some chopped fresh tomatoes with the spinach. Sprinkling some crushed red pepper flakes on the slices is optional if you like heat but is a great addition. Will definitely make this again!!
Three-Cheese White Pizza with Spinach
Fresh garlic slices are baked atop this creamy Three-Cheese White Pizza with Spinach. The spinach is kept fresh by adding it to the pizza toward the end of cooking. The higher quality the ricotta cheese, the creamier and more delicious the pizza; we prefer Calabro brand.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 359
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 15.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calcium: 173mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1. Remove the dough from refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 3. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sliced garlic in a large skillet. Heat over medium-high heat 1 1/2 minutes or until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add 6 cups spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- 4. Combine cheeses, milk, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- 5. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone. Spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is lightly browned. Top with spinach; bake an additional 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven; brush outer crust with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Cut into 6 large slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note