Spinach and Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 1 large sweet potato (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Pierce sweet potato several times with a fork. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool 45 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel sweet potato, and place flesh in a food processor.
- 3. While potato bakes, place spinach in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Reserve cooking liquid.
- 4. Add spinach to potato in food processor; process until smooth, adding cooking liquid, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
- Easy Freezing This recipe is based on 1/4-cup serving sizes. If you freeze batches in ice-cube trays, one cube usually holds 2 tablespoons. We recommend defrosting just one cube when baby is new to solid food. Later on when baby has started eating more, defrost two to four cubes (2 to 4 ounces or 1/4 to 1/2 cup).
- Canned Produce
- Many grocery stores now sell canned organic pumpkin, sweet potato, and butternut squash. These are great options for baby when you don't have time to cook since they usually only require a little breast milk or formula and stirring to loosen the texture to that of a baby puree. Choose a brand that lists only the vegetable and water in the ingredient list.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes