Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Parmesan Rolls
Use a serrated knife to cut the delicate layers of cooked phyllo dough. Be sure to use the small phyllo sheets for this recipe. If all you can find are the large (18 x 14-inch) sheets, cut them in half crosswise to form (14 x 9-inch) sheets.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 214mg
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 10 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and chop.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, oregano, basil, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Stir in cheeses, salt, pepper, and egg white; mix well.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), and lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons breadcrumbs. Repeat layers 3 times; top with 1 phyllo sheet. Gently press phyllo layers together. Lightly coat top phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Spoon half of the spinach mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of spinach mixture on each end. Starting at long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Place roll, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut diagonal slits into top of roll using a sharp knife. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with the remaining phyllo, cooking spray, breadcrumbs, and spinach mixture. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut each roll into 5 equal slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note