Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
We asked our Whole Story blog readers to submit their best holiday appetizer for less than 50 cents each piece. Here's our favorite, from Susan K., who got her recipe printed in The Whole Deal value guide and received a $50 gift card. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2627.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 8-ounce package(s) button or baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped, caps left intact
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1-pound package(s) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- 6 ounce(s) Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushroom stems, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl along with spinach, toss well; set aside to cool. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Add Feta, salt and pepper to spinach mixture then divide filling evenly between mushrooms, mounding it in the center of each. Drizzle mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and bake until softened and juicy, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note