Excellent, though I used sour cream instead of yogurt and onion powder instead of real onion. Also, instead of broiling the mushrooms I baked them at 350 for 20 minutes.
Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed mushroom)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 32
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 87mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Drain spinach, and press between layers of paper towels until barely moist; set aside. Clean mushrooms with damp paper towels; remove stems. Finely chop stems; set aside.
- 3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushroom caps; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. Drain. Place caps on rack of a broiler pan, stem sides up; set aside.
- 4. Combine spinach, chopped stems, yogurt, and next 8 ingredients; spoon evenly into mushroom caps. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers